Here to help and support you
We know how important your role as a parent and we want you to be fully engaged in your child’s life at school. We provide support in a variety of areas which will help you in being a positive role model in your child’s life. Whether you need advice on parenting, transition, the life at school, or you want to improve your skills to enable you to go back to work, our Community Support team are here for you.
We work with a range of partners enabling you to network and learn across many different organisations, many running accredited programmes.
- Save the Children – Families ConnectA parenting programme to support in every aspect of parenting and understanding how your child learns and what you can do to support them. The three main areas are: Literacy and language development, Numeracy and Emotional development
- English classesFrom basic non speaking to ESOL and beyond, held regularly.
- Trust ShareA parenting programme run by in house team.
- Childcare coursesIf you are interested in working in childcare or just want to learn more about what happens in nursery and school.
- A full range of accredited coursesIT, Literacy, Numeracy and many more. Working with one of our partners for careers advice.
- Employ-ability workshops to improve CV writing, interview techniques and the best way to look for jobs using technology.
Workshops and meetings
- We run regular coffee mornings where you can meet other parents.
- Themed workshops on transition, potty training, managing your child’s behaviour
- Parent Engagement Panel meet here and pass on information for parents happening across the Borough
- Meet the team in the playground. An opportunity to have a chat and get to know what is happening across the schools.
- Stay and Play sessions open to the community, so even if your child is too young to start in our nursery you can still be part of our community.
- Workshops and 'stay and plays' for vulnerable groups to access support and guidance.
- FAST (Families and schools together) meetings to support families.
Supporting your child’s education
- Workshops on transition.
- Open days.
- Courses about parenting and managing behaviour.
- Courses on up-skilling so that you can support your child at home.
- Support on improving the home learning environment.
Beleyu and Juliet run our Outreach team.
They will be happy to provide you with more information and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we process personal data
Information on how we use and process any personal data can be found in our community outreach privacy notice.